- Facultés universitaires Saint-Louis (Brussels), Bachelor in Law, magna cum laude, 2000
- Catholic University of Louvain-la-Neuve, Masters Degree in Economic and Social Ethics, magna cum laude, 2002
- Masters Degree in Law, Catholic University of Louvain-la-Neuve, magna cum laude, 2003
- Cambridge University, LLM in European Union Law, 2004
- Facultés universitaires Saint-Louis (Brussels) Ph.D., summa cum laude, 2004-2008,
Admitted to Practice
Member of the Brussels Bar
Prior to joining Van Bael & Bellis, Antoine worked for four years as a researcher for the National Fund for Scientific Research (FNRS) at the Facultés universitaires Saint-Louis (FUSL).
Since October 2008, Antoine has worked as an associate at Van Bael & Bellis and as a part-time professor at the FUSL. His professional and academic focus is on European law (competition law, law of the internal market, regulatory law, and institutional law).
Antoine speaks French, English, Dutch and Spanish.
Antoine publishes regularly in the field of European law. In addition to many articles on topics related to competition law, law of the internal market, and institutional law, Antoine has published the following books:
- Les interactions entre libre circulation et droits fondamentaux dans la jurisprudence communautaire. Essai sur la figure du juge traducteur, Brussels, Bruylant – F.U.S.L., 2009, 720 p. (Prize Jean Carbonnier 2009)
- La compétence universelle au carrefour de la pyramide et du réseau. De l’expérience belge à l’exigence d’une justice pénale transnationale, Bruxelles, Bruylant, 2005, 220 p. (Prize Jacques Falys 2003)
Associate Professor at the Facultés universitaires Saint-Louis
Teaching assignments since 2008:
- Human Rights and Values in the European Union (English), FUSL
- Citizenship and Human Rights in Europe (French), FUSL
- Seminar in Legal Theory (English), FUSL
- Institutional Law of the European Union (French), FUSL
- Introduction to Competition Law – Article 81 and Merger Control (English), Belgian-Italian Chamber of Commerce