Corporate Real Estate
Our real estate team has extensive experience and expertise in advising on all aspects of real estate, including in relation to commercial, residential, office, industrial, hotel and warehousing projects.
We provide a full service ranging from real estate transactions to real estate issues in other transactions. Our services cover the entire spectrum from property due diligence, initial acquisition, development, leasing, joint venturing and financing through to the final exit. We have acted for sellers, buyers, lessors and lessees in relation to transactions, financing, (long) leases, financial leases, building rights, rights in rem, structuring of investments, etc.
Our real estate team also has wide experience in relation to renewable energy projects. We also regularly advise lenders, borrowers, guarantors and others on property-related financing, secured lending and securitisation.
We advise our clients on several aspects such as soil certificates, REACH, pollution and noise nuisance, permits, etc.
Our real estate practice bears heavily on our tax experts in order to offer our clients tax-effective solutions meeting their needs.
The below sample is a reflection of our real estate expertise. For more information on these and other transactions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Our team of lawyers assisted a Dutch listed company in relation to its EUR 1.3 billion acquisition of a shopping center portfolio (including development projects).
- We assisted a German provider of photovoltaic systems in relation to the installation of photovoltaic systems on the rooftop of one of the main Belgian retailers. The transaction also involved structuring, financing and tax issues.
- We advised a US-based multinational group on its acquisition of a pipelines plant in Belgium. The transaction was structured as a long term lease (erfpacht/droit d’emphytéose) and also required a major involvement of our tax and environmental practice.
- Van Bael & Bellis advised a Middle Eastern petrochemical multinational group on legal and economic ownership over compounding lines located at a third-party plant in Belgium.
- We provided advice to an international engineering group in relation to a public-private partnership, including the set-up of a temporary partnership and general assistance on the project documents.
- Our lawyers assisted a major international private equity player in relation to the acquisition of a chain of hotels and of the real estate activities of a holiday park.
- Our lawyers assisted a German industrial group in relation to the acquisition of an industrial plant in Flanders. In view of the business sector involved, this transaction required very specific environmental and regulatory input.
- Our lawyers assisted a real estate fund in relation to the acquisition of an office properties' portfolio in Brussels and Flanders. The deal also involved structuring, financing and tax issues.
- Our team assisted a Spanish hotel group in relation to the divestment of its Belgian hotel business.